This majestic manor house, built in 1929, is situated on a magnificent grassy and wooded plot of 5119 m2. The views are magnificent: snow-covered peaks of the Val d'Anniviers, alpine pastures and age-old villages.
The Val d'Anniviers with its 220 km of ski runs - often described as the most beautiful valley in the Valais Alps, located between the Matterhorn and Verbier - has the longest ski seasons and the best sunshine in the region. In summer, there are 320 km of beautiful hiking trails with peaks over 4000 m, mountain biking, paragliding, bungee jumping, via ferrata, swimming pools, wellness centres and numerous restaurants serving local cuisine.
St-Jean is one of its picturesque villages, with the authentic charm of the chalets, raccards and log cabins of the past. The slopes of the Grimentz-Zinal ski area lead directly to St-Jean. A few minutes by car or post bus is all it takes to reach one of the valley's resorts: Grimentz-Zinal (with 120 km of pistes culminating at 2900 metres and numerous freeride zones), Saint-Luc-Chandolin (70 km of pistes) and Vercorin (35 km of pistes). Sierre is 20 minutes away and Sion 30 minutes.
This imposing residence is built on 4 levels and is composed as follows
- Distribution room
- 3 large cellars for storage
- Boiler room
- Access from the gardens for deliveries
- Raised porch with 4 columns
- Entrance hall with reception/cloakroom area
- Imposing vestibule with Sembrancher granite slab floor and masterly wooden staircase. A magnificent wrought iron chandelier crowns the stairwell.
- Vast reception room with high windows, monumental fireplace and a remarkable beamed ceiling (height 3.60 m)
- Dining room fully panelled in local arolle wood and with a monumental fireplace (currently equipped with a cast iron wood stove)
- Fully equipped professional kitchen (renovated in 2012)
- WC with washbasin
- Terrace accessible from the kitchen
- 4 beautiful bedrooms with panelled ceilings, each with a washbasin
- Shower room with two showers and a washbasin
- Shower room with 3 showers and stainless steel sink with 4 mixers
- Shower room with bath, washbasin and toilet
- Separate toilet
- 6 dormitory rooms with built-in wardrobes, three of which have washbasins
- Shower room with shower and washbasin
- Separate toilet
- Attic that can accommodate 2 additional bedrooms.
- Splendid mountain garden with play area and wood
- Old typical Val d'Anniviers log barn on stilts on 3 levels to be restored
- The views are breathtaking, the location very quiet, conducive to rest and relaxation, a few minutes from the valley's resorts.
- Various renovations have been carried out: kitchen 2012, electrical panel 2021, boiler 2003
- Fire alarm system up to standard, connected with the fire brigade
- Woodwork in larch and arole. The ceilings are panelled or made of exposed beams.
- The metal fittings are made of wrought iron.
- This magnificent manor house is currently used as group accommodation and can be converted into a second home or into flats and studios.
- Renovations to be expected: electricity, insulation, refurbishments
- 4290 m2 in individual chalet zone index 0.40 (3340 m2 in building zone and 950 m2 in reserved zone LAT)
- 890 m2 in forest zone
I will be pleased to show you this unique property in Anniviers!
For all the details, visit our website : www.valimmobilier.ch