Secluded Mayen in the midst of nature with magnificent views
Important note: This property cannot be visited before the end of April, as the access road (2+ km) is not cleared of snow.
The Val d'Anniviers and its 220 km of ski slopes - often described as the most beautiful valley in the Valais Alps, situated between the Matterhorn and Verbier - enjoy the longest ski season and the best sunshine in the region.
Ayer is one of the most beautiful jewels and breathes the authentic charm of the Anniviard villages. In less than 10 minutes by car, you can reach one of the magnificent ski areas of the valley: Grimentz-Zinal with its 120 km of pistes ending at 2900 m, Saint-Luc-Chandolin (70 km of pistes) and Vercorin (15 minutes, 30 km of pistes). Sierre is 20 minutes and Sion 30 minutes away.
In summer, many activities are possible, such as via ferratas, mountaineering, hiking (320 km of trails), etc., all while admiring the peaks of more than 4000 metres.
This mayen is located about 3 km above the village of Ayer, about 2 km along the forest road.
It is located in the heart of nature in a remote and absolutely quiet area and offers a magnificent panoramic view over the Val d'Anniviers.
The property includes a 42 m2 old Log Mayen and two barn stables (41m2 and 20 m2) on a magnificent pasture of 14.933 m2.
The Mayen is composed as follows:
Lower level :
- Bathroom with shower and washbasin
- bedroom with double bed and access to the terrace
- Small flat garden with stone grill
Upper level :
- Living room with dining area
- Kitchenette with sink and beautiful cast-iron wood-burning stove.
- Bedroom with one single bed and two bunk beds
- Outdoor WC shed, without running water
- Wood storage hall/woodshed
- Wood heating
- Solar Power
- A barn made of old boards, in excellent condition on two levels, with a surface of 20,5 m2 per level, new roof.
- A barn made of old floorboards, on two levels with a floor area of 20 m2 (to be completely renovated, the roof has fallen in).
- A lovely "bisse" (open irrigation channel) flows above the property.
- Access by car is by a suitable vehicle via a road that takes you 300 meters from the Mayen. Then you have to walk up a very steep slope.
- In winter, the road is not cleared of snow, so access with snowshoes or cross-country skis is from the Ayer-St-Luc road (about 2.5 km).
- In winter there is no running water.